Annons:
Tagvegan-living
Read 6559 times
vendelay
2017-03-31 00:57

Vegan WTF

What weird, stupid, annoying, ignorant or sad thing have you heard, talked about or seen about veganism today?

Annons:
vendelay
2017-03-31 01:00

Yesterday I was at this café in Sweden called Wayne's Coffee and I asked it they had anything that was Vegan. She had no idea what being Vegan was but well, she tried… She offered me gluten free and other weird stuff that doesn't have anything with veganism to do. She thought it was really weird that I didn't want some nutbar thingy that didn't even have a list of ingredients… 😟

Carmarino
2017-03-31 09:09

Today I read the Swedish magazine "Mitt kök" where they have "this month's vego". In the recipes I found these ingredients:
cheese
eggs
sour cream
butter

The magazine also have an article about the Swedish chef Tareq Taylor, where he says "the chicken is so anonymous that even some vegans eat it".

¡ɹnʇɐuƃıs ɯos uǝp ɐɥ ɥɔo uǝʇxǝʇ ɹäɥ uǝp ɐɹǝıdoʞ ʇʇɐ ɹöɟ ɹɐlʞ åsʞɔo uɐʇn ʇɹɐɯs ɐɹɐq ǝʇuı np ɹä ɹäɥ ʇǝp ɐsä1 np uɐʞ

vendelay
2017-03-31 13:08

#2 Omg, that's really freaking awful. What's wrong with people?! Poor chicken.

be vegan
2017-03-31 15:15

#2 NerdBroken heart

Flowersite moderator for veganism savvityFlower

TicTac
2017-04-07 16:14

#2 Doh… Sick

vendelay
2017-04-21 20:33

I told a person who works with diet plans and weight loss that I'm Vegan and she asked me stuff like "do you eat chicken? Or fish?" Sad

Annons:
be vegan
2017-04-22 15:02

#6 😟 Get educated please….

Flowersite moderator for veganism savvityFlower

vendelay
2017-04-22 15:18

#7 I don't think she was convinced I was a "real" Vegan since I'm not healthy Laughing out loud

Granja Del Toro
2017-05-28 02:31

Good God! They would need to employ people who knows a thing or two about vegetarianism and veganims, including the difference between milk Protein allergy and gluten intolerance…Smug

vendelay
2017-05-28 14:30

#9 yeah, it was very embarrassing haha

Wowy
2017-06-05 19:22

You know speciesism and hypocrisy? Yesterday I saw a detective story on TV and a dog almost got killed by a bomb and my not-vegan father was like "Oh, I really care about the dog, I hope it will be alright" and I just "You care about the dog?" with sceptical voice as I always to when a non-vegan says they feel sorry for an animal, and he answered yes and I got so frustrated, why does he not care about the pigs and cows and fishes and other animals he is eating?

Vegan

because I do not see a reason not to be one

Sun

vendelay
2017-06-05 19:27

#11 I feel you. It's even worse when people see stuff like rodeos and say they feel sorry for the bull and then they take a big bite of their meatburger…

Wowy
2017-06-05 19:40

#12 Or like my cousin last summer: Some animal was almost hit by a car, and she was like "How great they survived" and then she came home and ate pig. And when people feel sorry about animal abuse and just like "and now I am going to eat the dead body of an animal and drink milk that is made for cows because of course I am a calf". (Sorry for my irritation, I just do not have any Vegan IRL-friends to share these thoughts with.)

Vegan

Sun

Annons:
Wowy
2017-06-05 19:45

#12 Or like my cousin last summer. Some animal almost got hit by a car and she was like "How great they survived" and then she came home and ate pig. Does not make sense. And people who feel sorry for animal abuse and then are like "I am going to eat the body of a dead animal and drink milk from a cow - because I'm obviously a calf - and I consider myself an animal lover". (Sorry for my irritation, I just do not have any Vegan IRL-friends to share these thoughts with.)

Vegan

Sun

vendelay
2017-06-05 23:16

No please, be irritated, that's why we have this thread Laughing

I mean, we sure have a lot of shit to be angry about:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/shannon-ullman/2015/02/10-reasons-why-vegans-are-so-angry/

Wowy
2017-06-05 23:22

That T-shirt looks nice. Wouldn't be wrong to have.

Vegan

Sun

vendelay
2017-06-05 23:40

True! I could really use it.

Wowy
2017-06-05 23:47

Yeah, so you can save your voice instead of answering the same questions over and over again.

Vegan

Sun

vendelay
2017-06-06 16:51

Hehe yeah. Yesterday I was at a restaurant and I asked if a dish had milk in it and they said no. I also said 'm Vegan. Then, LUCKILY, I asked if it was butter in it and of course it was… 😟

Granja Del Toro
2017-09-30 20:54
Annons:
vendelay
2017-09-30 21:29

I've had so many WTF moments lately that I can't even bother writing about all of them. Sometimes I really think people are getting more educated or whatever and than all of this stupidness hits me.

Today someone, who knows I'm Vegan, gave me pillows with actual bird feathers and was upset when I didn't want them. Omfg. The other day someone told me that I shouldn't care about wearing leather etc because some of the cows are happy and die from age or other natural cases… I can't even.

Leia
2018-02-14 21:16

#1 although I'm not Vegan, I am gluten free, and I often get the same unknowing response and people offering me a Vegan substitute which often has wheat in. People need to understand the difference between the two!

Feel free to check out my gluten-free living community here on Savvity.

https://gluten-free-living.open.savvity.net

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tammie
2018-02-18 18:53

I admit that I have had a tough time trying to understand the difference between Vegan and VegetarianThinking

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

vendelay
2018-02-19 18:26

#23 Haha, yeah, it's so weird. It's not even close to being the same thing Laughing out loud I checked it out, it's really informative!

#24 We actually have an article about that: >Vegans & Vegetarians< A Vegetarian eats a plantbased diet and a Vegan both eats a plantbased diet and lives a cruelty-free life (no animal testing, no materials like leather or fur etc). Please, let me know if you have any questions!

Scroll to top
Annons: