Annons:
Taganimal-rights
Read 4902 times
vendelay
2017-08-31 14:14

Save cute babies just to kill them later?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The story about the firefighters who saved pigs from a barn in fire just to eat them later has gone viral and you've probably heard about it. There are several sites reporting about the "outraged vegans" - just google "Pewsey Fire Station" for example.

If you haven't heard the story here is it:

A barn was catching fire and firefighters from Pewsey Fire Station managed to save 18 piglets and 2 sows (mama pigs)! That is incredible and I'm so grateful for their heroic achievement. The thing is just - the pigs weren't actually saved at all. Six months later the owner of the pigs sent sasuages of the slaughtered pigs to the firefighters who saved them! The firefighters was happy and full, the pig owner was happy and richer, and the pigs was dead and well, dead. Just dead.

Is it really that outrageous to believe that pigs deserve to live for their own sake?

Here's one source: https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/vegan-outrage-as-firefighters-gifted-sausages-made-from-piglets-they-saved-from-blaze But as I said, just google it and you'll find several different sources.

Annons:
be vegan
2017-08-31 14:39

As Gary F would say, adventures in moral schizophrenia Straight faced

Flowersite moderator for veganism savvityFlower

vendelay
2017-08-31 14:45

#1 It really is. Tbh, I would've reacted to this even back when I was eating meat too. There's no logic behind it.

Scroll to top
Annons: