Annons:
Tagvegan-living
Read 4599 times
vendelay
2017-09-05 14:00

This is what a vegan looks like

On Instagram there's this hashtag called #WhatVegansLooksLike and I really like to go through the pictures there because vegans really does come in all shapes, colors, genders (or agenders), religions etc. The Guardian wrote >an article< about Vegan looks too, featuring four people with different backgrounds and goals in life.

I think it's really important to show that vegans aren't all pale, weak, skinny teenage girls or super muscular tanned dudes in too short shorts. Veganism isn't about food, it's about the whole lifestyle. Food is often a huge part of the change because food is very important and something we consume, hopefully, at least a few times a day.

You don't have to be a hippie to care for trees. You don't have to be underweight to be living without animal products. You don't have to be anything to be Vegan - except well, vegan Toungle

Have you heard any preconceptions about what a Vegan is supposed to look like?

Annons:
TicTac
2017-09-10 19:10

As you write, the most common preconception is that vegans are thin, which I suppose many are, especially if they stay away from refined carbs and sugar. But everyone doesn't start out as a Vegan, young and thin. Some start later in life and may have gained some weight before that. Smug

vendelay
2017-09-10 22:27

#1 But it doesn't really matter when you go Vegan, you can live as unhealthy as you please. I'm young, Vegan and fat because I loooove Vegan junk food and other goodies Laughing

Scroll to top
Annons: