Annons:
Tagvegan-living
Read 6139 times
vendelay
2017-09-11 14:00

Vegan and broke?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Eating plantbased can be as affordable as you make it, just as with any diet. You could either live on expensive foods like avocado and pre-cooked meals or you could make your meals from scratch. If you walk into a store and look around, you'll notice that the cheapest things aren't meat or dairy. It's the Vegan foods like dried beans, vegetables, potatoes etc.

Do you have any good advice for vegans on a tight budget?

There are so many amazing sites out there if you google "vegan on a budget" or "cheap vegan" but I'll try to link some of the best I've found so far.

>ILoveVegan<
>The Vegan Society<
>One Green Planet<
>PETA<
>Plantbased on a Budget<

Annons:
Niklas
2017-09-11 19:34

Potatoes must be one of the best foods there is. You could probably make a new dish with every day for a month or more. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

vendelay
2017-09-11 23:00

Yes, I loooooove potatoes! Laughing You can really make everything with it.

Tealover
2017-09-12 08:46

I make my own tofu and soymilk (the few times I do it, exept x-mas, then I have so much to do so I buy ready made tofu). It's atleast 10 times cheeper.

I also quite make my own oat cream (the few times I use it) atleast for baking (my grandmother does too since I showed her how to do it. We are quite a few who can't or wont eat milk i my family).

And when I boil beans I normally boil the whole package and freeze the "leftovers" that way I always have beans ready to go.

A few tips from someone who made cheap ovo-vegetarian food for years

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Tealover
2017-09-12 08:49

Oh If you have the money, buy a soy milk machine, That way it's no swat to make your own tofu/soymilk.

I counted on it and I saved in on my soy milk machine in less than two years using it less than one time a week (so if you drink alot of soymilk or eat alot of tofu you would save money much sooner)

Niklas
2017-09-12 14:13

#3: What is oat cream? Porrage must be one of the cheapest things you can eat, and it's easy to make it Vegan.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tealover
2017-09-12 15:12

#5 It's havregrädde. It's like oat milk but thicker and fatter, perfect for baking

Annons:
Niklas
2017-09-12 15:34

I didn’t know that.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

vendelay
2017-09-12 20:06

I'd love it if you want to share your recipes here, Tealover, if you want to of course. Like how to do tofu, soy milk, oat cream etc and maybe how a soy milk machine works. You are so experienced and smart! 🙂

#7 You can buy oat cream at the stores too, the Swedish brand Oatly makes (among other Vegan stuff) oat cream and is available in almost every store. The packages are either brown (organic) or black. It's really good!

Niklas
2017-09-12 21:14

Okay, I drink Oatly's oat drink every day.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

vendelay
2017-09-12 22:54
Scroll to top
Annons: