I'll summarize it for you: go vegan!
- Vegans save almost 200 animals each year!
- Eating a healthy plantbased diet lowers your risk for cancer, diabetes and premature death.
- 51 % of global greenhouse-gas are caused by animal agriculture.
- It takes (at least!) three times the amout of water to feed a meateater compared to a vegan. By 2030 the world will only have 60 % of the water we need if we keep eating animal products. Agriculture is also the biggest reason for water pollution.
- It takes almost 20 times more land to feed a meateater than a vegan. The rainforests are not cleared because of vegans, over 90 % of the cleared land in Amazon rainforest is used to feed animals for humans to eat.
You make a difference by going vegan. Even if you feel like you are all alone, you have a huge impact in those 200 animals lives.
- Some people will not understand. You might have to explain yourself over and over again, friends & family might think you're being annoying, some people might actually get mean about it. Just remember why you're vegan and if they won't listen to you, you can always walk away. I think some people are too sett in their ways to consider going vegan.
- You might miss some foods or flavors. There are so many vegan versions of every meal every and I think most vegans eat more different foods than they did when they ate animal products. But - some things are really hard recreate.
- You might have to be "the spokesman of veganism". Some people (this has happend to me several times) can't longer see you as a person, they only see a vegan. I've had people tell me that they won't go vegan because of something I said or did, which is as logical as hating all asians because one once told you that you had ugly shoes.
- You will get emotional. You will feel powerless and sad and angry about what is happening all around us every day and no one else seems to care. Remember that you make a difference.