Annons:
Tagvegan-living
Read 2726 times
Niklas
2017-03-28 11:28

Should I throw away animal products if I go vegan?

If I decide to become a Vegan, should I throw away everything I own that is not Vegan or should I phase it out as it gets old or breaks? What's the Vegan way to do it?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
vendelay
2017-03-28 11:43

There's no "right" way to do it and I'm just gonna say how I did (which doesn't mean that any other way is wrong).

I went Vegan literally overnight so I had a lot of non-vegan products. I gave away the food and phased out the rest (make up, hygien products etc). I didn't have any clothes (except shoes, which I phased out because I only own one pair at a time haha) that contained animal products so that wasn't a problem.

The problem with giving non-vegan things away is that it makes it okay for others to continue (ab)use animals. On the other hand I can't Help but feel like if you just throw it away the animal died for nothing. That's just my opinion. It's a really hard choice.

I couldn't eat the non-vegan food after I went Vegan, I just got sick thinking about it. I could either throw it away or give it away, and I chose to give it to someone who's poor and needed food anyways.

What do you think is the Vegan way of doing it? If you consider what I wrote about giving it away, that it makes it okay for others to consume animal products.

TicTac
2017-03-28 18:20

I'd say keep it until it breaks… There is no economy, neither money wise nor environmentally, to throw things out. They worked for you so far…

Niklas
2017-03-29 12:39

#1: I'm not sure what the Vegan way would be, if there is one. I am not Vegan but if I would take the step I would let the things I already own wear out. There are so many things I find wrong about throwing away things that work and doesn't harm anyone else. I was just curious about your thoughts on this.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

vendelay
2017-03-29 18:55

#3 Yeah, it's tricky. As I said I used most of my stuff until they broke or needed a refill and then I changed it to a Vegan alternative. Except for the food because I just couldn't bring myself to eat that.

be vegan
2017-03-30 00:01

#3 Going Vegan is never wrong, so I would say, if it makes you go Vegan, do it 🙂

However, ask yourself if it was products made from exploited and murdered humans, how would you feel about it?

Flowersite moderator for veganism savvityFlower

Scroll to top
Annons: