Annons:
Tagshealthnutrition
Read 4393 times
vendelay
2017-09-22 14:00

How to ditch cravings for non-vegan food?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

It's not weird or uncommon for vegans to miss non-vegan food. Most of us didn't stop eating meat or animal products because we don't like the taste, it's much more common to stop because of animal rights or environmental reasons. If you also did grow up with eating animals it can get extra difficult because it can remind you of happy childhood days or homecooked meals at a family dinner.

>Planted Based News< published an article about how to tackle these food cravings. One advice they have is balance the tastes. I quote them:

"There is obviously much more to this age old wisdom than just this advice, but the crux of the matter is that in the West we tend to overindulge on salty, sour, and sweet tastes.

What happens when we eat too much of these flavors? We crave them even more… this is when giving up the salty flavor of cheese pizza, halloumi, or smoked meats becomes harder.

In a Western diet, the flavors that are often forgotten are pungent, bitter, and astringent."

Therefore you should make sure to eat a balanced diet with different flavours.

Do you have any good advice on how to not get tempted?

Annons:
Niklas
2017-09-22 19:49

Against sweet cravings, chrome tablets work for me. They can be bought at pharmacies.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

vendelay
2017-09-23 11:14

Awesome! 🙂

Niklas
2017-09-23 14:54

And about salt, use more spices instead of salt when you cook.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

vendelay
2017-09-23 17:04

I read a really great quote a long time ago that really helped me not get tempted by animal products. I don't remember it fully but it was something like this:

When you go Vegan you don't give up anything. You just stop taking what wasn't yours to begin with.

Like, I have no right to kill someone just because I'm tempted to eat their body (it does sound kinda sick when you put it like that, doesn't it?). When I started to think about the cows and pigs and hens and fishes like actual living beings it was much easier. I wouldn't go out and kill a human baby, so why would I kill a baby cow just because I feel like it?

Scroll to top
Annons: