Annons:
Tagvegan-living
Read 3259 times
vendelay
2017-10-17 17:30

Forcing someone to go vegan

I've heard a lot of people say that you should try to force anyone to become Vegan but I have almost never heard anyone say the same about meat or animal products.

I think we can agree that talking about Vegan values isn't to force someone. To force someone would be to put a gun to someone's head and make them eat… Well, a tomato? Tofu? Avocado? I'm not sure what people are afraid of when it comes to Vegan foods, but I promise you that it's just regular foods.

In my experience, the only forcing is about animal products. In Sweden, schools etc gets PAID by the goverment to make the kids eat and drink dairy products. They don't even have a choice. It's cow's milk or water. How is that not forcing someone?

Why is it okay to force someone to eat meat and other animal products, but not to force someone to go Vegan?

Annons:
Niklas
2017-10-17 18:17

”In my experience, the only forcing is about animal products. In Sweden, schools etc gets PAID by the goverment to make the kids eat and drink dairy products. They don't even have a choice. It's cow's milk or water. How is that not forcing someone?”

I’m not really with you here. :-) Schools in Sweden get money from the government to pay for food, among other things, right? As far as I understand they serve milk (not in all schools), water, meat, vegetables and other food.

What about the milk is forced onto the children? In my opinion water isn’t a bad choice of meal drink, it’s often my own free choice because it’s good and I like it. Students can choose milk or water. Don’t you consider drinking water an option? They can choose fish, meat, dairy products, a vegetable buffé or a mix of everything.

I do agree though, that talking about Vegan values is not the same as forcing someone to eat it. It is probably something schools should do more. Talk about it, that is.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

vendelay
2017-10-17 21:30

You can read about the money schools recieve to give kids milk and other dairy products in Swedish here:

http://www.jordbruksverket.se/amnesomraden/stod/marknadsstod/skolmjolksstod/vadarskolmjolksstod.4.2c4b2c401409a334931b7e6.html

Water is a good drink but it lacks important vitamines like D and B12 - which cow's milk and lot of plantbased options have. I don't think it's a choice when you have to miss important vitamines to avoid milk. It would be different if they also got paid to serve for example oat drinks with B12 and vitamine D.

In Swedish schools they get paid 1,80 SEK per litre of milk. Up to 0,2575 (that's weirdly specific hehe) kilo per child and day. 

Another huge problem in Sweden (and probably most countries) is that the Vegan food options are terrible. It too lacks of nutritions and it is unfair.

Niklas
2017-10-18 11:18

Ha, interesting. Thank you!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: