Vegan foods

Best vegan chocolate for baking?

2017-10-18 16:00 #0 by: vendelay

Which brand of vegan chocolate do you use when baking? Of course, it may vary depending on what you're making.

I usually use regular dark chocolate, it's almost always vegan (some contain milk for unknown reasons, so always check!). If I want light chocolate I usually go for Plamil, because that's a brand that's really easy to find in Sweden. 

2017-10-18 18:25 #1 by: Niklas

We always use Lindt Excellence Mild 70% for baking.

2017-10-18 20:22 #2 by: vendelay

What do you usually bake with it? 

2017-10-19 09:10 #3 by: Niklas

”Kladdkaka”, whatever that is called in English. :-) My wife use it for chocolate fondants and pies.

2017-10-19 11:11 #4 by: vendelay

Mudcake is "kladdkaka" Glad

Oh, I actually have a recipe of chocolate fondant that I'm really eager to try out. Maybe I should buy that chocolate for that! Glad

2017-10-19 12:02 #5 by: Niklas

Ah, mudcake, I knew that! :-)

I have made chocolate fondants once. I thought it was laborious. Do you have an easy to bake recipe?

2017-10-19 12:14 #6 by: vendelay

I recently got the magazine "VEGO & Vin" (means something like "vegan & wine" kind of), you can find it in most stores I believe. It's not their regular VEGO - magazine, this is a special edition. It has a recipe on chocolate fondant that is supposed to take only 20 minutes and seems pretty easy. They haven't published the recipe online from what I can find so I don't know if it's fair for me to give out the recipe since they really deserve to be paid for their amazing work!

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.