Annons:
Tagsrecipemain-course
Read 4065 times
vendelay
2017-10-23 23:54

Vegan wheatberriotto (wheat berry risotto)

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 2
Preview of image 2 of 2

(Yes, I made the word "wheatberriotto" up because I couldn't translate it from Swedish haha… It's "wheat berry" + "risotto" in one word.)

This recipe was created by Mattias Kristiansson, chief editor of the Swedish Vegan magazine VEGO. The recipe and the image was published in his amazing book "Vegan på 21 dagar" ("Vegan in 21 days") which unfortunately will not be printed more. I have received permission from Mattias to publish recipes and images. The text below is copied from the book and translated from Swedish.

Wheat berry is super healthy and a good alternative to rice. Here it is served with oven-roasted vegetables and chickpeas which, in principle, take care of themselves.

3 dl of wheat berry
1 zucchini à 300 g, diced
1 eggplant à 300 g, diced
1 red onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt, black pepper
1 jar of chickpeas à 400 g, about 3 dl cooked

DO THIS!
Put the oven at 225°C.
Boil the wheat berry as instructed on the package.
Mix vegetables and onions together with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on a oven plate with a baking sheet.
Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have gotten a nice color.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Take out the oven plate and mix the cooked wheat berry and chickpeas with the vegetables. Put back in oven for another 5 minutes. Done!

Annons:
Niklas
2017-10-24 11:15

Is the recipe for 4 people? It seems a bit much for one.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

be vegan
2017-10-24 12:19

Sounds amazing Thumbs up

Flowersite moderator for veganism savvityFlower

vendelay
2017-10-24 18:01

#1 Yes, it actually says it's for 4 in swedish in one of the pictures hehe.

Scroll to top
Annons: