Annons:
Tagshygienebeauty
Read 3071 times
Leia
2018-05-16 22:28

Free Vegan Toothpaste!?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Yesterday I picked up this tube of charcoal toothpaste at no cost at all from Holland and Barrett. You are entitled to this offer if you live in the UK and are an O2 customer, you just need to download the ‘O2 Priority App’ to claim your voucher. Be quick though, the offer ends this Sunday (20th May 2018).

I made a generous saving as the RRP for Ecodenta is £4.99, pricey for a standard tube of toothpaste. But what makes Ecodenta different to the other options on the shelf is its special added ingredients. Activated charcoal is all any online beauty guru is talking about lately, and with good reason. This isn’t the same charcoal you’ll be using for your summer BBQ’s, it is a fine black powder, that is created when charcoal is heated to a high temperature and then activated by heating it with an oxidising gas or another chemical. This increases its surface area, creating pores that are able to absorb toxins and other substances. Therefore, this means that when activated charcoal is brushed onto the teeth it absorbs plaque, bacteria and stains from the teeth and gums. This makes it the perfect ingredient for teeth whitening and combating against bad breath and cavities for that perfect smile. 

In light of this recent trend, there are now loads of activated charcoal toothpaste on the market. What makes Ecodenta stand out is that it contains Teavigo, a natural green tea extract that fights against tartar and a gentle antibacterial effect that leaves you with a long-lasting feeling of cleanliness. Moreover, they do not test on animals and it does not contain any animal by-products as many other kinds of toothpaste do. 

The toothpaste itself is definitely a novelty as it is black and nothing like you will have ever used before, although it may leave more mess than usual in your sink! In regard to the taste, it was surprisingly mild with hints of mint. I preferred this as I don’t like to be overwhelmed by the taste of mint but if you are a minty fan this may be a disappointment. It is to early say if it actually has whitened my teeth but if you are interested I can let you know later on!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: