Recipe - main course

Homemade Vegan Ramen

2018-10-20 16:42 #0 by: Evelina

Last night, I made dinner at my friend’s apartment who lives nearby. We couldnt decide on what to eat at first, we were hungry and wanted something quick and easy. Then I thought of ramen! Perfect! I love ramen, it’s so simple and it’s hard to get bored with it since you can add so many different things to it.

I made my usual vegan veggie broth for ramen:

In a food processor mix,

1 bell pepper
1 carrot
1 big yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
1 hot pepper
1 nub of ginger peeled and chopped
3 green onions

Add this mixture to a large pot with a splash of peanut or vegetable oil. Fry for 5 min.

Add 1 tablespoon turmeric, and 1/2 teaspoon white pepper.

Stir and add 4 cups or more of water and 2 to 3 vegetable cubes.

Add 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar and a splash of sesame oil.

I also fried 520g tofu (cut tofu and splash some hot chili sauce like Siracha, lime juice, and soy sauce in bowl - transfer to a plastic bag pour 1/4 cup cornstarch and shake). Then fry in a pan with vegetable or peanut oil until crispy. Set on paper towel lined plate.

Add rice noodles to soup and cook for 2 minutes. Now it’s ready to serve with all the toppings, including the tofu!

Other toppings: cilantro, lime, slice bell pepper, slices carrot, green onion, mushrooms, and bean sprouts.

2018-10-20 16:43 #1 by: Tammie

Wow, that looks really good!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2018-10-22 19:12 #2 by: Leia

This looks like something you'd get from wagamamas!In love I wish I had a food processor so I could make it.  

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2018-10-24 11:46 #3 by: Niklas

Great photos! They really sell it.

2018-10-24 11:54 #4 by: Evelina

Thanks! Her place has much better lighting than mine so I think that really helped out with the photos. 😊

2018-10-25 09:56 #5 by: Niklas

I think some blame should go to the photographer as well.

2018-10-25 11:54 #6 by: Evelina

Hey! It's always me taking photos of my own food Laughing out loud 

2018-10-25 13:38 #7 by: Niklas

Yes, and?

2018-10-25 13:39 #8 by: Niklas

😀

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.