Recipe - main course

Vegan Detox Tumeric Soup

2018-11-28 17:50 #0 by: Evelina

This soup recipe is one of my go-to’s for winter time dinners. It’s really nice with the ginger, lemon, and tumeric in order to keep yourself healthy! 😋

What you’ll need:

Soup broth base -
Coconut oil
Chopped yellow onion
4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh ginger
1 tablespoon tumeric powder (or fresh tumeric)
Salt
Veggie broth cubes
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 tablespoons lemon juice

For the rest of the ingredients, you can mix them up with other things, such as other veggies, or other carb items like rice noodles.

1 large sweet potato
1 red bell pepper
1 small cauliflower
1/2 cup lentils
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 cup cilantro

Enjoy!

2018-11-28 21:45 #1 by: Leia

Typicall! just did my weekly shop today, I’ll definitely be picking up these ingredients next week instead.

I was looking for cheap, easy but hearty meals to have on the run up to Christmas in order to save pennies and keep warm, just what I wanted Evelina!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2018-11-29 02:24 #2 by: Tammie

That looks really good. I like that it has sweet potato in it.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2018-11-30 10:43 #3 by: Evelina

It is definitely inexpensive and easy! 😊

Pro tip: don’t over cook this because it will become really sweet from the sweet potato. I accidentally did this because I was waiting for my boyfriend to get off work and I left it on low for like an hour longer than it should have been cooking. He said he still really liked it but I was a bit too sweet for me. I thought it tasted better when the sweet potatoes were cooked but not mushy.

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.