Annons:
Tagmeat-substitutes
Read 2638 times
Niklas
2020-02-17 15:39

Beyond Meat vegetarian burger

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

For lunch today, I decided to try a Vegetarian burger with ”meat” from Beyond Meat. It was served on coarse bread with sauce, lettuce, tomato, pickled red onion, and fried potatoes.

It all lived up to my expectations. The bread was soft on the inside with a crispy outside. The vegetables were fresh. The fried potatoes and the sauce were both well made and tasted good. The ”meat” was mushy, tasting like it had been fried a little too quickly. It had no texture. It was like a very well made copy of many of the hamburgers you can get elsewhere.

When I eat Vegetarian, meaty isn't what I want. Vegetables naturally looks tasty and have their unique flavors and consistencies. Why try to make them look and taste something else? I still don't get this. I can't come to think of any vegetable that looks worse than a half-raw piece of ground beef.

A meat-lover probably would have eaten the Vegetarian burger without thinking it could have been anything other than meat, but is that really what they want? I they had a chance to taste a well-prepared original Vegetarian dish, would they push it away and ask for the soggy Vegetarian burger instead?

(Photo by Gabrielle Cepella at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Beautiful, free images and photos that you can download and use for any project. Better than any royalty free or stock photos.
  • Edited by Niklas 2022-02-09 16:38
Annons:
Evelina
2020-02-17 17:48

I’ve tried beyond meat before and I much prefer veggie bean patties! Especially deep fried ones, if I’m at a restaurant, so that I feel like I’m getting something a bit more special than something I can prepare at home.Even though I know it’s not healthy haha 😆

Niklas
2020-02-18 21:04

I think I would prefer patties fried in a pan for the taste. Do you know of any restaurants that serve good Vegetarian burgers?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2020-02-18 22:02

Yes! Flippin burgers, where I used to work, has the best in my opinion. It’s called the beanie. You choose any burger option and the swap the meat out for the beanie patties.

Niklas
2020-02-19 10:03

Thanks!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: