Annons:
Tagvegan-foods
Read 2531 times
Niklas
2020-04-14 13:44

Swedish overnight oats - a superb vegan meal

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I recently began eating overnight oats instead of the usual oatmeal for brunch. Since oatmeal is boiled and hot, an alternative for warm summer days is welcome. Overnight oats takes a minute or two to prepare and contains both energy and nutrients. You can eat it as a meal or dessert.

The recipe I got from an old friend contained milk and salt. I substituted the milk for oat drink and left the salt out as I am not addicted to that. This is the result:

Ingredients for one serving:

• 1 deciliter rolled oats

• 1 tablespoon chia seeds

• 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar

• 1,3 deciliter oat drink

This is how you prepare it:

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl or deep plate with a spoon. Add oat drink and stir until it’s all wet.

Let it rest overnight in the fridge or another cold place. Cover the bowl if you are going to let it rest longer.

Serve with fresh berries or jam on top. I top it with cherry chutney (because that is what I have).

If you want to save time, you can make a larger batch of the dry ingredients and mix it with oat drink when you need it. For 7 servings, you mix 7 deciliter of rolled oats, 1 deciliter chia seeds and 2 brimful tablespoons of vanilla sugar.

Since the finished overnight oats is very portable, you can prepare it in a container with a lid and bring it to training, a picnic or quick lunch.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2020-04-14 14:18

I don’t like the texture of cold oats, but I make weekly batches of chocolate overnight oats for my boyfriend. It’s easy for him to bring to work. 🙂

Niklas
2020-04-14 15:48

Aha, I haven’t heard of chocolate overnight oats. Is it the same but just with cocoa added? Is he eating it as is, or with a topping?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: